Sunday 16 June 2013

Mixed Media Journal Pages

 
After a long absence from this blog, I thought I would share a few pages of my journal over the next few days followed by the various crafts I have enjoyed over the last few months since finishing with our local workshops last year.  However we have decided to continue to meet and craft with each bringing their own pieces to work on.  I do really miss tutoring, but not the preparation and cutting of card and papers for everyone plus purchasing sometimes months in advance for forthcoming projects.  But I now enjoy meeting up with fellow crafters each month to share the latest ideas.  We also have decided to have a swap each month, a 4" mini work of art which we will compile it into a booklet as a keepsake at the end of the year.  Some wonderful swaps which I shall share later on, now that I intend to keep up with blogging again.
 
The journal pages above were mainly stamped and painted, with a pan pastel background.  Hand drawn border, coloured with glaze pens.


 
 
This second set of pages started off with the banner, the rest just came together.  One of my favourite pages.  Check back for more pages to follow.
 
Feel free to leave a comment, I would love it if you do!  Until next time....

 


1 comment:

  1. Fabulous pages Sheel, love the background colours and how the birds are dangling the letters in the banner pages with a seaside theme. You have to look closely as there is so much going on in each page! Fantastic works of art.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete