|My Sample Board|
When preparing the sample board, I used a embossing folder with just numbers on and by chance the section I used happened to incorporate my birthdate, how spooky is that? (6-6-48)
Back to details... nine 2” square foamcore tiles provided along with metal tape! Plus Art Emboss metal.
Six of the tiles were covered with the ArtEmboss metal, three of which were embossed using an embossing folder. Three were stamped with an image using Stazon and hand embossed. If deeply embossed, then filler applied to the back to hold the shape and allowed to dry before attaching to the foamcore.
For the remaining three tiles, a variety of small die cuts were provide, some of these were glued to the foamcore, the metal adhesive tape applied over. A paper stump used to smooth the tape around the die cut, a stylus to add definition and other doodling. Metal roller tools also used to create texture. Alcohol inks pounced on the metal tiles. Sanding blocks used to lightly sand the raised areas to show the metal colour.
Lastly die cut flowers (metal tape over thin black card) were decorated using a fabulous technique you can find as a tutorial on Lin Browns blog here (scroll down on right hand side) and added as an embellishment to the frame.
Here is a photo of us all on this splendid day, taken by Theo, Tanya's son.
|From left: Margaret, Marjet, Christine, Angie, Tanya, Me, Victoria, Annie, Maggie|
Front: Liz and Julie