Saturday 31 August 2013

WIRE COILED JEWELLERY
 
I was recently introduced to a fantastic tool, called a Coiling Gizmo, by Jane at our Craft Group. After a practise run, I was bitten by the bug.  I purchased the tool and been having a lot of fun since.  My grand daughter made a bracelet and earrings for herself over the school holidays.  I had a few paper beads from a previous project, so decided to include them in these pieces.  
 
Coiled wire and paper beads jewellery

These are black paper beads I made a few weeks ago, mixed with grey paper which I scribbled with a black Sharpie, after coiling I sealed with Glossy Accents.



Paper Bead Necklace and Earrings
 
Paper Bead Charm Bracelet
 
 
Paper Bead linked bracelet

 
Who knew you could have so much fun with paper strips and thin wire!!!!  Until next time
 



6 comments:

  1. wow Sheila these are great!!think I've seen that coiling gizmo on C&C..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably, I never seem to catch anything worth watching on there, always decoupage and CD's when I am switching around. Purchased mine online on an auction site!!! I love it, but you could use a knitting needle to coil on or even a skewer, just to get the idea. See you at Ally Pally xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful necklaces, bracelets and earrings Sheelagh. The paper beads and coiled wire go together so well and you have made some fantastic pieces there. One day, when I'm grown up, I may have mastered the art of making a half decent loop in the end of a pin!!!
    Hugs
    Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaahhh Lynn, I have just discovered a fabulous tool, just the very thing you might be tempted to purchase!!!!! It is a one step looper tool by Beadsmith, Ha Ha. How good is that, I lurve it!!! Here is the link to a video should you feel tempted http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niAFrybV1bw
    Hugs
    Sheelagh xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks for the information Sheelagh and yes I am very tempted :) Is it really as easy to use as they say in the video?? I am now testing to ensure that 'orrible verification is switched off :D
      Hugs
      Lynn xx

      Delete
  5. It is switched off - yippeeeee!
    Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete