Monday 17 November 2014

Mixed Media Black Christmas Tree

Hello again, here is my last tree board,
I could not decide which colour to use or background. 
 It started out as blue then red and finally
I chose to go with Liz's idea of black.  I painted
everything with black gesso stippling the board to give
more texture. 

I used not only metal flowers and other items but I
also buttons of all sizes.  I love the result.
I attached all the items with hot glue and then gilded with
Treasure Gold using 3 different colours.
(close up)
Lastly I felt it needed just a little more and added the red stones
coloured with a Copic pen. 


I have enjoyed this series of festive boards and I still have a
multitude of buttons and junk to attach to something else! 


1 comment:

  1. This is fabulous Sheelagh, can't make up my mind which background colour I prefer! The beautiful embellishments do show up well against this black background and love the addition of the red gems. Hugs Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete