Tuesday 10 July 2012

CRAFTY VERSE 2012

 Ten years on I am still addicted, my new craft room is stacked high
 There is my Cuttlebug and Big Shot both sit ready to take a die
Embossing Folders and fabulous Fades from Tim Holtz stable
In fact all I use from Ranger sits within reach of my craft table

 Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads, Powders, Stickles and Glue
Claudine Hellmuth Studio Paints and Stickyback canvas too
Reinkers for everything and colourful Copic Pens by the score
Chipboard, Stampbord, paper mache and Ideology galore

 Now to the grungeboard, unopened packets fill a drawer
My Craft Stamper magazine stack takes up space on my floor
Grungepaper was a must have, for making roses - it’s like hide
Cut n Dry foam pieces once used are rewashed and dried 

PaperArtsy stamps are a wonderful addition to my haul
Grey board by the sheet, canvas and a Bind it all
There are buttons, brads and eyelets, plus beads by the box
A mixture of charms such as cogs, tiny keys and locks

Broken watches are needed for the popular Steampunk phase
Colourful Utee poured, layered or stamped is the latest craze
A large collection of dominoes and the odd bamboo tile
Not forgetting the wonderful and useful Crop-o-dile 

My ATG tape gun is great and saves so much time
Paper trimmers stacked high as most cannot cut a straight line
Alcohol Inks in their own little box, acrylic dabbers like soldiers on parade
Distress Ink blending tools made from door knobs on a B&Q raid 

Vintage rusty keys and watches and old dictionary book
Just some of the car boot bargains and worth a look
Ten Second Studio, Kabuka molds and metals
Paper stumps and tools to emboss all those petals

 Inka Gold pots and new Distress Stains
Stickyback Canvas plus colourful Core’dinations
All the storage boxes are covered in Zentangles
With oodles of pens to decorate journals and bangles

 Beads of all shapes and sizes fill several trays
Not to mention ever growing collection of mica sprays
My unmounted stamps are stored in large files
Another drawer heavy with all kind of tiles

 But I am happy with it all and I have hours of fun
All the supplies come in handy for workshops I run
I wonder what the next ten years have in store
I must stop adding to the stash and not buy MORE!



a more or less tidyish view of my desk

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic Sheelagh, sounds just like me! You ard a genius at writing these poems.
    (((((HUGS)))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow brilliant - and what a stash and what a poet - I salute you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sheelagh I am green with envy :) I am looking forward to the day when I will have a small percentage of what is in your craft room :) Thanks for the poem and the laugh!
    Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete