Monday 22 July 2013

PAPER MACHE ARCH

I decorated a large paper mache arch which I have had for years, painted with black paint, highlighted with a touch of Treasure Gold.

When I am painting and spraying I use a large sheet of watercolour paper as my scrap sheet to wipe brushes and to take overspray etc.   I used a sheet of this to decorate the arch.  I added more  paint/ink and images using black ink and white gesso.  Now I will have to decide what to place in each section and if I should use a theme or a collection of anything and everything!


Paper Mache Arch



















This next photo is a close up of one of the sections.

Close up

 
 




3 comments:

  1. Oh Sheel that is gorgeous. I use my scrap sheets of paper that I have inked on and over stamped on for background paper - quite a joy finding interesting bits to use in this way. Love this though :)
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow -absolutely awesome - the colours are so soft and feminine. Can't wait to see how you fill it - it looks HUGE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sheelagh,
    Just found your lovely blog, via the wonderful Cardmaking Paradise forum. this is lovely project - the lining papers you made/used for this pretty arch are gorgeous. I have been using large sheets of plain white paper underneath my art journal whilst I've been stamping, spraying watercolour inks/colourwash sprays etc. and have been keeping them for backing papers for my art journal and other projects including. It's such fun to create new backing pages when you're not even trying to create them. LOL
    Thanks for shaing your lovely photos, I'm off now to peek at more of your 'goodies'

    ReplyDelete